EcoBeauty & Fashion Campaign
- Arsenic in eyeliner, lead in lipstick and cadmium in mascara: these are just some of the ingredients that knowingly have been excluded from the ingredients in the packaging by the beauty industry but which have been consistently found.
- GMOs in our personal care and beauty products as well as in the much used and touted cotton in so much of our fashionable and chic clothing lines.
- Soy ink: The choice for many natural/Eco brands to dye clothing is most often made from GM soybeans and is absorbed through the skin, our largest organ
- Animal cruelty in the beauty and fashion industries is legendary. Fur and leather do not provide any functional benefits that cannot be provided through other sustainable materials, yet:
- More than 50 million animals are violently killed for use in fashion every year
- Methods used to kill animals for their fur include gassing, electrocution, and neck-breaking
- The amount of energy needed to produce a real fur coat from fenced in cruelly raised ranch animal skins is approximately 20 times more than that needed to produce a fake fur garment. In addition the toxic chemicals applied to furs make them non-biodegradable.
- Slave labor within the glamorous fashion industry: The prominence of child labor has been well exposed by some news organizations. In the news recently, the collapse of a building in Bangladesh and the fire which killed many workers months earlier in another factory are testament to the deplorable conditions that the workers in the garment industry endure on our behalf.
What is the solution?
The Green Lifestyle Network is a solutions-oriented 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization. We will be creating an Info & Fact Sheet on the perils that we are addressing during our EcoWear Beauty & Fashion campaign, and the solutions will be presented at the 13th of October EcoFashion Salon featuring our fabulous EcoDesigner Victoria Tik of FROCK LA. In that Info Sheet we will include all the names of our sponsors and supporters who are leading the charge to put an end to the highly toxic ”secrets” of the fashion and garment industry while paving the way for sustainable, non-toxic, non-sweatshop, non-animal and fair trade solutions.
The location for the launch at our 13th of October EcoFashion Salon is:
326 N La Brea Ave
Los Angeles, CA
Our 2014 Eco-Fashion & Beauty Show will be the culmination of a series of informational videos, flyers, banners and articles by our bloggers educating the public about the much overlooked toxicity in our beauty, clothing and garment industry as well as the unnecessary suffering of those making our clothing and textiles. The fashion show is our elegant, fun, and informative solution to these problems.
We will be showcasing fashion designers and beauty products and regimens which promote glamour, beauty and sophistication that are ethically sourced, consciously manufactured and socially beneficial.
If you wish to be part of the solution please join us and publicly engage in protecting and nurturing our natural resources via this solutions-based charity fashion show.
If you are interested in being a sponsor, please contact Jessa Santangelo, our Executive Director and Fashion Show Project Manager Roger Cheng, to arrange a phone meeting to discuss this so we can reach a mutually agreeable arrangement by the 31st of December. (we have only a limited number of sponsorships available; they are on a first come, first saved basis)
Flyer Download: ecoFashionLaunch Flyer