Green Lifestyles interviewed green makeup artist, Paige Padgett. She told us about some of the challenges of marketing green makeup, where people can purchase green makeup, useful resources, and she told us which were some of her favorite green items.
1. What are some of the differences that you have noticed between green makeup vs. ‘typical’ makeup?
There are really very few differences. All brands of makeup perform differently. One difference is that most of the green companies don’t have as much money for packaging and marketing so they often don’t feel luxe or premium.
2. What are some of the challenges you face when marketing your makeup brand and promoting green products?
Getting people to understand that they don’t have to sacrifice performance to be green. Finding stores that carry green products. Also, identifying green washers from truly clean products.
3. Where can everyday people turn to purchase eco-friendly, green products?
Online stores, such as beautorium.com, saffron rouge.com, and my store Paigepadgett.com. Also, at Target, Walmart, and the companies’ websites.
4. Where can people educate themselves on the ingredients in most makeup and their harmful effects on people’s health?
The Environmental Working Group’s (EWG) Skin Deep database cosmeticdatabase.org is a great resource to check out ingredients in products and chemicals. Also, safecosmetics.org is great for finding companies the have signed the compact for safe cosmetics.
People can visit Paigepadgett.com
6. What are some of your favorite green products?
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Line
- Couleur Caramel Eyebrow Pencils
- Jane Iredale Lip Gloss
- Revolution Organics Lip Gloss,
- Organic Glam Liquid Luminizer
- Terra Firma Finishing Powders