Dorit’s podcast with Hannah Thomas
“Deep within each of us is a well of profound peace, joy and beauty which, when accessed, manifests as vibrant, robust health, works of genius and artistry.” –Dorit
On October 17, 2011, Dorit, who is Green Lifestyles Founder and Board President joined Heart Rising and shared her insight and wisdom in a podcast, which you may listen to if you follow this link at the very bottom of the page: http://www.heartrising.com/. The following is a summary of this life-changing and inspiring podcast:
Dorit has a degree in linguistics. Some of the items Dorit talked about regarding languages and linguistics are the following:
- She has studied and worked with Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), which is a method of re-programming our language. Here is a brief definition of NLP:
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming describes the fundamental dynamics between mind (neuro) and language (linguistic) and how their interplay affects our body and behavior (programming).
- Language is the key to our liberation from negative feelings and thoughts.
- With the power of language we’re able to release ourselves from the pit holes we place ourselves into with negative, toxic thinking.
Dorit also has a certificate as a movement analyst/therapist, as well as a certificate as a plant-based living food chef.
What She Teaches
Some of the life-changing subject matter Dorit teaches her clients is mindfulness. Here are some of the points she made during the podcast:
- Full awareness is needed when eating. When we eat non-foods, i.e., processed foods, we’re in a place where we re-language ourselves into a poor state of mind and, in turn, we eat more non-food.
- Dorit coined a rather funny term to describe processed food: pood. The letter ‘P’ for processed and the remaining letters for what remains of the word ‘food.’
Other techniques Dorit teaches her clients are relaxation techniques. Here is one of the points she made about relaxation techniques:
- We use harsh and dramatic language on a day-to-day basis. This makes us feel stressed out and unhappy.
The following are some of the most powerful messages that Dorit offered during this podcast:
- Honor your food by living a fulfilling and conscious life.
- Cultivate a cycle of gratitude in your life.
- If you’re going to eat meat, praise the entire animal and do something worthwhile with your life in its honor.
- Life is a big game in which we have to find the path back to our heart’s desires and essence.
Listen to the podcast here.