After his healthy wife suffered two miscarriages, he set out on a quest to find the answer, documenting his journey in the film Unacceptable Levels. And the answer to the question? We are in contact with over 80,000 chemicals in our daily lives.
For some reason, people trust that a product is nontoxic simply because it’s for sale in a store. But we can no longer base a product’s safety on its mere existence.
We’ve all read about the proliferation of chemicals after World War II. Are the following statistics just a coincidence?
- Autism now affects 1 in 50 children.
- In the U.S., cancer is now the leading cause of death (after accidents) for children under 15 years old.
- Allergies have increased 400%.
- Asthma has increased 300%.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) has increased 400%.
In celebration of Earth Day 2014, Green Lifestyles Network showed the film, Unacceptable Levels, at the West Hollywood Library in West Hollywood, California. After the showing, there was a lively panel discussion, as well as a Q&A session.
This is one of the most important films to see this year.